Sunday 3 January 2010

Scalextric Swapmeet


Andy and I went to this Swapmeet today.  Loads of traders selling new and second-hand cars and accessories.  A couple of four-lane tracks set up for kids to try out (1/32 and 1/64 scale) plus a 40 foot drag strip.  This had some nice customised cars in both 1/24 and 1/32 scale but I don't really see the attraction of racing cars in a straight line.


Andy pretty much cleared out the hall of Metro 6R4s - the mad 4WD rally version of the Rover Metro.  He bought six, bringing his collection to 14 plus some bits.  There's a race series in there somewhere...

We bought some buildings for scenery and I bought three second-hand cars: a 1995 Lister Storm, a 1993 Jaguar XJ220 and, in need of a bit of TLC, an old Porsche 911.



Here's a great video from YouTube user LondonScalextric of the swapmeet, featuring me at 0:18 and the Lister Storm I bought at 1:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment