Sunday 30 March 2014

Achtung Spitfire! (Part 2)


A couple of years ago, I blogged about my old Spitfire (above) and detailed the build of an Airfix Supermarine Spitfire to fly over the track.  Having still not found a model of the Triumph Spitfire MkIV, I concluded that the MkII was the closest I'd get, and my mother bought me the kit from Pendle for Christmas.


What's particularly nice about the kit is that the windscreen and bumpers come as separate chromed pieces to attach after painting the body.  I supplemented this with some more realistic headlights and swapped the driver's head for one without a helmet.


I primed the body in grey and then cut a card insert to fit over the interior before spraying in as close a yellow I could find to the Mimosa Yellow of my Spitfire.  I then painted up the driver, the lights and picked out the chrome bits with silver.  A lovely little car that drives very well.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment